About Ravichandran J.V.
Postal address: #83, Flat #1, 6th cross, Koramangala 1st block, Bangalore
• 20+ years of experience in the IT industry.
• 7+ years
Agile Related Information
• Agile Evangelist
• Ex-Board Member – Agile Software Community of India (ASCI)
• Ex-Moderator of the Agile India Yahoo Group and the Agile Software Community of India (ASCI) website – http://www.agileindia.org
• Worked with JK Technosoft Ltd., Noida, as Group Manager – Microsoft Technologies since March, 2007 to September, 2011.
• Worked as Technical Trainer for Quark Media House India Pvt Ltd from June 2005 to February 2007.
• Worked as Assistant Manager – Corporate Training for STG, New Delhi from January, 2004 till May 2005.
Role as Agile Mentor/Trainer/Coach Scrum and XP – Enterprise Agile
Mentored JK Technosoft’s Agile initiatives (2007 – 2011)
• Mentored off shore-onsite interactions
• Enabled an Agile Infrastructure
• Monitored team confidence levels, Stand-Ups, Retrospectives and part programming
• Mentored new recruits in pairing to a Shadow-resource status
• Initiated ScrumMaster certifications for senior managers and an organization-wide Agile awareness program for a year.
• Provided training materials on Unit, Mock and Acceptance Testing. (NUnit, JUnit, Fitnesse, EasyMock, RhinoMock)
• Trained new recruits on achieving code coverage, continuous integration, and team velocity.
• Introduced team artefacts like planning poker cards, story cards and Agile games into the project life cycle.
• Helped in setting up an Agile academy in JK Technosoft Ltd. To train new recruits and mentor them into Agile-ready status
• Formed an Agile Foundation Program for new recruits into Agile Projects. Key goals to establish Agile principles, values and standard engineering practices across the entire team.
• Devised various day-to-day interactions between Agile ad non-Agile project teams.
• Conducted many internal evaluation projects before deploying Agile-ready teams.
• Trouble-shooting Code Integration problems across teams.
Process Metrics, Audit guidelines (ISO – CMMi – Agile)
• Helped to establish an Agile Estimation process metrics for a CMMi/ISO/ISMS based process model
• Helped to lay down audit measures of Agile projects for CMMi conformity.
• Helped to establish training guidelines to conform to CMMi requirements.
OnSite – OffShore model
Platform(s) – .Net, Java
Team size – 15 – 25
Agile Evangelism – (2006 – 2012)
• Helped ASCI in initiating an ASCI Noida chapter
• Helped ASCI to organize the Agile Tour 2010 conference in Noida, Delhi NCR
• Associated with ASCI as a moderator for the Agile India website, and as a board member.
• Speaker at various ASCI conferences since 2006.
• Recently presented on Game Testing for VodQA at Thoughtworks, Gurgaon, 2012.
• An active contributor to the NUnit Open Source Developers Community.
• Speaker at VodQA Gurgaon, 2012 by Thoughtworks.
• Guest Speaker at NCACT, 2011, Amity University, Noida. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qTRSnY04Gs
• Speaker and chief organizer on behalf of ASCI at Agile Tour 2010, Noida.
• Runner-up in Programming with the stars contest at Agile India 2010
• Conducted workshop on “BDD+UADD with Slim” in Agile NCR 2010.
• Presented on “Discovery in Practice” at Agile Tour 2010, Noida.
• Speaker at Agile NCR 2008, 2009. , ROI with Agile(Converting Risk to Return on Investment) http://tinyurl.com/cdy8xb4
• Agile Methods – XP, Scrum
• BDD – Behaviour Driven Development
• UADD – User Acceptance Driven Development
• Unit Testing with NUnit & Junit & Jasmine
• Acceptance testing with Slim
• Certified Scrum Master
• Certified Internal CMMi Auditor
• Certified ISO Internal Auditor
• Certified ISMS Internal Auditor
• Microsoft Certified Professional
• Brainbench Certified in Project Management 2005
• Brainbench Certified in C# 2.0 & 4.0
• Brainbench Certified in VB.Net
• Brainbench Certified in .Net Framework
Client(s) List – Software Solutions & Corporate Training (Technical & Agile)
• Grundfos, New Delhi (Scrum/Agile)
• Fastbooking, Gurgaon (Scrum)
• HCL Technologies, Chennai/Noida
• Xansa, Noida
• Birlasoft, Noida
• CTS, Chennai
• Wipro, Bangalore/Noida
• Cariator, Bangalore
• Symphony, Bangalore
• Fidelity, Gurgaon
• Quark, Chandigarh
• Universal Power Transformers, Bangalore
• NIIT, Greater Noida (Scrum/Agile)
Date of Birth – 06/05/1966
Marital Status- Single